Tango's Ultimate Hot Rod House

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Checking in


Mod

Status: Offline
Posts: 1324
Date:
Checking in


Hey guys! Just looking to see what everybody is doing?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1217
Date:

Not much going on here. Been trimming trees and burning leafs and sagebrush. Think I'll pull everything out of the garage this weekend and paint. When I first moved in I didn't have time to do what I wanted. It looks like someone had a kerosene heater going in here, walls are black



__________________

rick



Moderator

Status: Offline
Posts: 1859
Date:

Just working and trying to stay warm!..LOL....Rick, don't forget to wash down your walls first! Black is from the soot escaping the heater and your paint will peel...a major disaster!

__________________

Me give up? NEVER!

In memory of our friend, gone but NEVER forgotten!



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1217
Date:

What's happening with everyone? Sites been kinda quiet lately. Springs coming, times going to jump forward and it'll be time to get out take care of the yard. Anyone have any special planes this year?



__________________

rick



Moderator

Status: Offline
Posts: 1859
Date:

Started a new job..first time I've worked for someone else in a long time! Love doing what I do..haven't had a lot of time to post..trying to rectify that! Can't wait for spring and summer! Hate winter..!!!.

__________________

Me give up? NEVER!

In memory of our friend, gone but NEVER forgotten!



Mod

Status: Offline
Posts: 1324
Date:

Yeah. Winter he's slowed me down too. These last couple of years I find winter harder can't handle cold like I use to.

Do you mind me asking what your new job is ?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1217
Date:

88ss408 wrote:

Yeah. Winter he's slowed me down too. These last couple of years I find winter harder can't handle cold like I use to.

Do you mind me asking what your new job is ?


 man if that ain't the truth,  winter seems to get harder as we go



__________________

rick



Moderator

Status: Offline
Posts: 1859
Date:

rjsbu wrote:
88ss408 wrote:

Yeah. Winter he's slowed me down too. These last couple of years I find winter harder can't handle cold like I use to.

Do you mind me asking what your new job is ?


 man if that ain't the truth,  winter seems to get harder as we go


 Repairing  fitness equipment..Got into it a few years ago while still contracting.  I love fixin things!  lol...these guys are fantastic..pay great and just 2  fantastic guys to be associated with! my GF works for them also at a stay at home position...Now the dog is happy too!..lol

 I've been contracting for so many years and things have progressively gotten worse.. between the customers and the amount of people doing this ...I finally just got sick of doing it!   It's hard to compete with guys who will do the work  for  almost nothing, then realize they didn't charge enough! But in the mean time you didn't get the job because  your price is too high!   Rant over!...lol



-- Edited by cr55 on Sunday 5th of March 2017 06:33:24 AM

__________________

Me give up? NEVER!

In memory of our friend, gone but NEVER forgotten!



Mod

Status: Offline
Posts: 1324
Date:

Yup I get that my friend.

__________________


Mod

Status: Offline
Posts: 1324
Date:

We are seeing a brake in weather here. Snow is starting to melt. Starting back on some little projects. Business is slowly picking up.
hope it keeps going in that direction.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 638
Date:

cr55 wrote:
rjsbu wrote:
88ss408 wrote:

Yeah. Winter he's slowed me down too. These last couple of years I find winter harder can't handle cold like I use to.

Do you mind me asking what your new job is ?


 man if that ain't the truth,  winter seems to get harder as we go


 Repairing  fitness equipment..Got into it a few years ago while still contracting.  I love fixin things!  lol...these guys are fantastic..pay great and just 2  fantastic guys to be associated with! my GF works for them also at a stay at home position...Now the dog is happy too!..lol

 I've been contracting for so many years and things have progressively gotten worse.. between the customers and the amount of people doing this ...I finally just got sick of doing it!   It's hard to compete with guys who will do the work  for  almost nothing, then realize they didn't charge enough! But in the mean time you didn't get the job because  your price is too high!   Rant over!...lol



-- Edited by cr55 on Sunday 5th of March 2017 06:33:24 AM


  I was working for my brother in the concrete business 10 years ago, Dallas area, and he finally got out of it for the same reason. People would bid in at less than our cost.

 On that exercise equipment, maybe start a side business of selling refurbished stuff. I see tons of it barely used for dirt cheap. You never see a worn out treadmill at a yard sale,lol.



__________________


Moderator

Status: Offline
Posts: 1859
Date:

Yep, that was my problem...bidders coming in cheaper than the cost of the materials!
And I do pick up fitness equipment every now and then..biggrin.



__________________

Me give up? NEVER!

In memory of our friend, gone but NEVER forgotten!

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard